Monday, July 11, 2011

Baked Mashed Potato Balls

I had leftovers of the Feta Mashed Potatoes, and they were so good that I wanted to serve them again. Unfortunately my better half doesn't eat leftovers, so I had to find a way to make them new again!  These turned out ok, but I think I might try to pan fry them next time instead of bake them. I will let you know how that goes!
(I must have been to excited to eat because I didn't take a picture!)


Cold Leftover Mashed Potatoes
1 Egg, beaten and diluted with 2 Tbs water
Seasoned Bread Crumbs or Crushed Corn Flakes

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Roll mashed potatoes into balls, dip balls in egg mixture, then roll in breadcrumbs or corn flakes.  Place balls in a buttered baking dish and bake until heated through.  Once heated, place under broiler, turning occasionally to evenly brown.


I kind of made this recipe up.  I saw Paula Dean do this with her leftovers, but she deep fried them.  I am sure that is WONDERFUL, but I am still not completely comfortable with deep frying on my stovetop.  I learned how, and it really wasn't too hard (if my memory serves), I have just never tried it at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment