Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies




I have had this recipe forever, since I worked on the phones for Quaker Oats. J doesn't like raisins in his oatmeal cookies, but chocolate chips are good in everything!
I made the first batch of cookies too large and cooked them too close together, resulting in some very ugly cookies. They still tasted great though. Just keep in mind they spread!

1 cup (2 Sticks) butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbs. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups Quaker Oats (quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, chocolate pieces and nuts; mix well. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes for a chewy cookie, or 12 to 13 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; move to wire racks to finish cooling.


If I continue to bake instead of cook, I am never going to lose the weight I want to lose! Or maybe I will just make my neighbors fat!

1 comment:

  1. Would love some of these at Franti for my birthday. . . hint, hint.

    ReplyDelete