Thursday, June 30, 2011

Croutons

Along with the Italian Chicken Soup, we had salad.  I had forgotten to put any forethought into the salad, so I found myself scrambling at the last minute so we would have something other than mixed greens!  I found some hamburger buns from the previous week in the pantry and turned them into yummy, homemade croutons.  This is such a simple thing, I wish I had been making them out of my leftover breads all along. I usually make croutons out of a nice baguette or french bread, but it turns out that buns work just as nicely!


1 loaf french bread, baguette or similar thick bread
1 Tbs olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cut bread into equal cubes, toss with olive oil, parmesan, salt and pepper.  Spread out over baking sheet, bake for 7 minutes.  Turn bread cubes and bake for an additional 7 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment