Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pork Chops in a creamy garlic sauce

This recipe has the distinction of being the first on the blog, not because it is my favorite, it just happens to be what I made and took pictures of first! I got this recipe from a cookbook of my moms. I don't have the name of the book to give credit where credit is due (I wrote the recipe down a few months ago on an index card) but I will get it and let you all know. Bottom line, this is good. I served it with Roasted Asparagus (recipe on next post) and mashed potatoes that I bought from Costco!




4 Pork Chops
1 Cup Chicken Broth
12 to 15 Garlic Cloves, pealed and crushed
1/2 tsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbs. Chopped Parsley
1/2 tsp. dried Tarragon
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
2 Tbs. Water
1 Tbs. Flour
1 Tbs. Dry Sherry

Bring Chicken Broth and Garlic cloves to a boil in a small sauce pan over high heat. Cover, reduce to low. Simmer 25 to 30 minutes until garlic mashes easily with a fork. Let cool, puree until smooth. (I used my Magic Bullet for this and it worked great).

Heat Olive Oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add pork (I pre-seasoned my chops with salt and pepper. This adds great flavor to the meat itself), cook 1 to 1/2 minutes each side, or until browned. Pour garlic puree into skillet. Sprinkle parsley, tarragon and salt and pepper into sauce. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Remove pork and tent loosely with foil.

In a small bowl, combine flour and water. Slowly pour flour mixture into skillet, return to a boil. Cook, stirring often until mixture thickens. Stir in Sherry.

Serve sauce over Pork Chops. Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment